WordPress ecommerce features that make it easy to set up and maintain your online store
If you are going to start a business online and are considering the possibilities of creating a webstore, you may be wondering what is the best technical solution for a functional, secure, and good-looking store that, on top of everything else, is easy to manage. So what type of a platform will help you in achieving your goals?
A basic insight into WordPressWordPress, which is currently considered to be the fastest growing content management system (CMS) software, was originally created in 2003 as a blogging tool. Its features allowed the users to easily create a blog that can be run effortlessly. Since it was a user-friendly instrument, it was receiving numerous positive reviews and gained an enormous popularity, so its developers were encouraged to keep upgrading the platform. As the result, these days WordPress allows its users to create various websites that are much more complicated than a simple blog. What is even more spectacular, a WordPress webstore can be further upgraded at your discretion by means of:
- Installing and switching between different themes that can dramatically change the website layout and design;
- Installing numerous plugins that can significantly add to your webstore functionality.
WordPress ecommerce features: themesWhen you are creating a WordPress webstore, you can choose from numerous themes available, both free and paid ones. You may find it important to know that premium themes are normally coupled with advanced functionality, professional support and a reliable code that guarantees that the website will be working smoothly. Switching between different themes allows you to change:
- The overall design and style of the whole website,
- Page templates and layouts;
- Widgets placement;
- Text fonts and colours.
- How easy it was for a client to find all the necessary information;
- How convenient it was for a customer to navigate the website;
- How hard it was for a purchaser to place an order;
- How highly did the webstore visitor think of the site in terms of its reliability and usability.
WordPress ecommerce features: pluginsOwing to the platform’s specific architecture, WordPress-based websites can regularly be updated by installing various plugins that are aimed on enhancing the site performance. These plugins, which basically are software extensions, can successfully be used for any kind of a website regardless of its purpose and essence. Naturally, webstores are not an exception – nowadays you can find thousands of plugins that help you with:
- Adding products to the store;
- SEO efforts,
- Marketing and promotional activities,
- Integrating different payment options suitable for a wide range of customers,
- Tracking conversion, and handling many more ecommerce tasks.
- Security, reliability, and correct functioning that is guaranteed by developers;
- Compatibility with previously installed plugins and the whole website in general;
- An opportunity to get in touch with support staff quickly and ask for a professional advice for any issue occuring.