Why does it make sense to become an AliExpress affiliate?
Nowadays taking part in an affiliate program of a worldwide known company is often viewed as a promising business opportunity. The commercial success of such a collaboration, of course, depends on the business’s strength. So let’s take a look at AliExpress company to understand why its affiliate program is becoming increasingly appealing to both regional and foreign entrepreneurs.
What is AliExpress?AliExpress, a global online marketplace, was launched in 2010 in order to sell various consumer goods worldwide. Nowadays AliExpress features:
- More than 200,000 sellers;
- More than 100 million products;
- 30 product categories;
- Shipping to 200 countries.
What do we know about Alibaba?According to the latest market updates, Alibaba’s online retail platforms account for at least 80% of the e-commerce market in China. What is even more astonishing, in October 2014 the company managed to outperform Wal-mart and become the biggest retailer in the world. To gain insight into the company’s unique market position and extraordinary growth prospective, it is reasonable to look at some statistical facts describing Alibaba’s performance:
- The total amount of sales registered in 2014 is estimated at $420 billion. Just compare it with only $170 billion achieved in 2012!
- The customer base of the company is unrivalled. Only in China, which was originally considered to be the primary market for Alibaba operations, the population amounts to 1,4 billion people. Given that the website allows selling and shipment operations nearly for every country in the world, the target audience becomes wider every day.
- To perform effectively, Alibaba has about 25,000 employees responsible for handling and managing all the operations.
- Dominance in the mobile commerce segment;
- Opportunities for international growth;
- Strong financial position.